Valentine’s Date Night
I’ve never been big into Valentine’s Day. Every couple is different, but my husband and I prefer a quiet evening in— nothing extravagant. We often spoil each other throughout the year so on a busy holiday dedicated to love we stay in, have a nice meal and surprise one another with something small (I usually make a homemade card and bake a little something). Staying in doesn’t need to equate to sweats and a hoodie. If you’re like us and plan to be home this year, dress it up a bit. A skinny jean and a cute top go a long way, as do metallic ballet flats. Shoes complete an outfit, so if it’s dinner at his place throw them in your purse and put them on once you ditch your snowy boots.
Admittedly, my husband and I are homebodies but staying in on Valentine’s day doesn’t mean we don’t appreciate a great night out. I’m a girly girl at heart and look forward to evenings when I can wear a cute dress and a fancy stiletto. And what better time of year to wear a bright red dress? Be bold. Put away your LBD for the night and rock a LRD (little red dress). Pair with statement jewellery, nude lip and black accessories for a knockout look that’ll be stealing glances all night.
For information and links on the items pictured see below.
- Chinti and Parker Heart-print striped organic cotton-jersey top, $140 USD
- Chapters/Indigo Heart Scarf in Pink, $24.50 CAD
- Kate Spade New York Goreski Glasses Ring, $48 USD
- J Brand 835 cropped mid-rise skinny jeans, $208 USD
- Make Up For Ever Lab Shine Lip Gloss in Electric Pink, $22 CAD
- Topshop Vibrant Tumbled Ballerinas, $16 GPB
- Ted Baker London Tezz Skater Dress, $248 USD
- Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Nude Pink, $32 CAD
- J.Crew Stacked Pearls Necklace, $122 USD (on sale)
- Clare Vivier Sweetheart Clutch, $145 USD
- Christian Louboutin Paulina Strass Heels, $1475 USD
Valentine’s Date NightFebruary 4th, 2014
Tee TimeJanuary 23rd, 2014
Under DressedJanuary 14th, 2014
Modern Holiday SweatersDecember 17th, 2013
Royal NavyDecember 5th, 2013