There are very few people who haven’t been directly or indirectly affected by cancer. It’s a disease that doesn’t make sense and effectively changes millions of lives every year. Family history is an important factor but it can truly happen to anyone, which is why we must be diligent regarding our personal care and ongoing research efforts.
With October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, let’s all take an extra moment and do our part. Whether that be participating in raising money for the cause or taking a few minutes to do a personal breast exam, there truly is no good reason not to.
How you choose to support is entirely up to you. Companies are in the raising awareness spirit and as they have in years past, numerous campaigns have been launched with fun pink products and accessories in hopes of raising money to aid research and support those suffering from this life altering disease. Every little bit counts and if monetary donations are financially out of your reach why not pick up an item that appeals to you? It’s a win win. Check out some of my favourites listed below.
Cancer research is important and necessary, but Breast Cancer Awareness month isn’t only about raising the funds, it’s about educating. Essentially ladies, we need to check our breasts. Period. Being proactive never hurt anyone and I for one will be proactively checking my ladies regularly.
- Estēe Lauder Evelyn Lauder Dream Compact: Committed to raising $5 million dollars this year in support of global cancer research, the touch of blue featured on the compact represents the 1% of breast cancer cases that are men. To purchase please click here or head to esteelauder.com
- Sephora Collection Together in Pink Hair Ties: A portion of the proceeds will be donated in support of breast cancer awareness. To purchase from Sephora.com click here, or head to your nearest Sephora location.
- EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balms: Two EOS balms in one package (limited edition Fresh Watermelon and Strawberry Sorbet) with a portion of proceeds benefitting breast cancer research. Available online and at participating locations where EOS products are sold. Head to evolutionofsmooth.ca to purchase or to find a location near you.
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume: A portion of proceeds from the limited edition bottle of Daisy perfume featuring hot pink daisies will help to support the National Breast Cancer Foundation. To purchase go to marcjacobs.com
- Philosophy Shower for the Cure: Philosophy will be donating 100% of its net proceeds from the sale of this product to the Women’s Cancer Research Fund. To buy a bottle click here or head to philosophy.com
- Matrix Canada Hair Styling Products: A portion of sales will be donated to the Look Good Feel Better campaign, improving the lives of women heroically fighting cancer. To purchase head to matrixcanada.ca and find a salon near you.
- Essie Pink About it and Pink Works nail polishes: Essie has partnered with Living Beyond Breast Cancer Organization and a portion of sales will provide education resources and support to women diagnosed with breast cancer and their families and caregivers. Available for purchase online and at participating locations where Essie polishes are sold. For a location near you head to essie.com
Fall PairingsAugust 5th, 2014
Blurred LinesJune 3rd, 2014
Summer of DiorMay 1st, 2014
Face FirstMarch 18th, 2014
Nailed It: Army CandyJanuary 30th, 2014