Nutella Hot Chocolate With Frozen Whipped Cream
There are few things in life more comforting than a cup of hot chocolate on a chilly winter evening. Instant hot cocoa is easy, giving you that quick chocolatey fix, but if you have the time I highly recommend warming milk yourself and making this drink from scratch. It makes it that much more indulgent and rich. Now imagine using Nutella in place of cocoa. Drooling yet? You should be because this is what chocolate dreams are made of.
As if that’s not tasty enough on its own, dress it up even more with frozen whipped cream. Create any shape you want and with the holidays upon us you can put your festive cookie cutters to good use. Not only will the whipped cream last longer frozen but it’ll also quickly cool down a piping hot cup of cocoa, which is essential in a household with kids (or a hubby with temperature issues).
Now that you’re hooked, see below for instructions.
What you’ll need
Nutella Hot Chocolate (ratio: 1 cup milk to 2 tbsp. Nutella to 1/2 tsp. vanilla)
Milk of your choosing (2%, 1%, soy, almond—whatever!)
Frozen Whipped Cream
One 500 ml carton of whipping cream or 1 container of Cool Whip
1 tsp. vanilla
Hot Chocolate Instructions
- Heat milk in saucepan on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When piping hot, add vanilla and nutella and whisk until combined.
- Drink up!
Frozen Whipped Cream Instructions
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, making sure to leave extra hanging over the handle edges. When frozen, you’ll grab the makeshift parchment handles and remove the frozen cream from the tray.
- If using Cool Whip skip to next step. If making whipped cream from scratch, pour cream and vanilla into a bowl and whisk using a stand mixer or hand mixer. It usually takes 6-8 minutes on medium to reach the desired consistency.
- Spread whipped cream onto parchment paper lined baking sheet, making sure it’s smooth and evenly distributed.
- Place tray in freezer for 4-6 hours.
- Remove from freezer. Immediately use cookie cutters to make whipped cream shapes and store in freezer for up to 1 month in an airtight container.
Chocolate MonkeyJanuary 13th, 2014
Nutella Hot Chocolate With Frozen Whipped CreamDecember 9th, 2013