No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
Oreo cookies are the best. I’ve yet to meet someone who can’t appreciate the tastiness of this classic treat. You can eat it straight up, dunk it in milk or pull it apart, and every time it tastes delicious. I used to work at a restaurant in my hometown that makes the most sinful Oreo cheesecake. Anytime a piece accidentally crumbled the staff beelined to the kitchen to share in a bite. Thankfully it was a rare occurrence and our waistlines didn’t suffer.
A cheesecake this delectable comes at a price. It’s my understanding the dessert was a bit labour intensive to perfect and thus I’ve never attempted to make one myself— until now. I wasn’t optimistic that a no bake cheesecake could compare to cheesecakes I’ve baked in the past, but I’ll be the first to admit my ignorance. It was quick, easy and was equally as rich and self-indulgent as its predecessor.
What You’ll Need
2 cups Oreo crumbs (roughly 20 Oreos)
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
Three 8 oz packages of cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup of Cool Whip
1 1/2 cups of Oreo crumbs (roughly 15 Oreos)
8-10 chopped Oreos
1 cup Oreo crumbs for top of cheesecake
- Mix 2 cups of Oreo crumbs with melted butter.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom of a 9″ springform pan. Place in fridge to firm.
- Mix together room temperature cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Gently stir in Cool Whip.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of Oreo crumbs and chopped Oreos. Mix gently until combined.
- Pour filling over crust and smooth out evenly. Top with 1 cup of Oreo crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm (roughly 4-5 hours).
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Rum PopsiclesJune 2nd, 2014
Chocolate Covered Strawberry HeartsFebruary 10th, 2014
No Bake Oreo CheesecakeFebruary 3rd, 2014
Holiday Baking: Peanut Butter BlossomsDecember 16th, 2013
Cranberry White Chocolate Coffee CakeDecember 2nd, 2013