For well over a year I’ve had my eye on Charlotte Olympia’s loafer/ballet flat hybrid. Naturally I’m drawn to the kitty pair (as is my furry friend seen below) and how fitting to be sporting black cat shoes on Halloween. Meant to be! I’m deeply into the loafer trend at the moment though admittedly I’m more attracted to a more modern interpretation vs. the old school penny loafer style I was known to sport in my elementary school days. I’m all for rocking a stiletto, but when I’m kicking it around town running errands comfort is key. Loafers are a nice alternative to the generic ballet flat that I wear on a day to day basis and give an illusion that I’m a touch more polished. Perhaps that’s just in my head though.
No matter what your preference there is a style, cut, pattern & colour to appease all tastes. Whether you’re into animal prints, plaid or just need a little glitter in your life (who doesn’t?), I’ve done the research and have narrowed down some of my favourite styles at different price points. Check them out below and have a Happy Halloween!
- GAP Glitter Loafers: available in navy or gold in-store and at gapcanada.com, $39.95
- Julianne Hough for Sole Society Smoking Slipper Flat in “Cambria”: available at solesociety.com,$54.95
- Armani Cutout Loafer: available at Barney’s, $495
- Adam Tucker Me Too Animal Print Slip-On: available at Nordstrom, $98.50
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Ailee Studded Flat: available in red or black leather in-store and at michaelkors.com, $175
High/LowJanuary 16th, 2014
Loafer LoveOctober 31st, 2013
High-top SneakersOctober 15th, 2013
Tieks TalkFebruary 13th, 2013
Keds Ace of SpadesNovember 6th, 2012