Holiday Gift Ideas for Her
If you’re finding yourself stuck and are in desperate need of suggestions for “her,” you’ve come to the right place. Whether you’re shopping for your mother, sister, wife, or best friend, I’ve rounded up some of my favourite ideas that meet a variety of price points. At the end of the day I think shopping for women is far easier than men, but even we ladies can admit to being stumped every now and again. Just remember it’s the thought that counts and when in doubt you can always ask her or others for suggestions. Good luck shopping!
- iPad Mini: I’ve yet to meet anyone, human or otherwise, that wouldn’t love to receive an iPad. The mini is financially more attainable and incredibly light and convenient for those days when taking it on the go. For more information click here.
- Scented Candle: When all else fails, buy a delicious scented candle. Personally, I never have enough. One of my favourites is Voluspa French Cade Lavender because it’s soft, fresh and feminine. Available at multiple locations, the candle shown can be purchased at Chapters/Indigo.
- Jawbone UP Wristband: For the girl who’s all about a healthy lifestyle this wristband will prove handy. Tracking your sleep, movement and calories (added by you), the wristband transfers the data to your smart phone and the app displays it in an easy to understand way, delivering insights that keep your healthy lifestyle moving forward. For more information on Jawbone’s UP Wristband visit jawbone.com
- Pencil: No, not a box of pencils. Pencil is a bluetooth smart wireless device that takes digital art to the next level. It’s a natural and expressive tool enabling you to draw, erase and blend on your tablet with ease. I highly suggest watching the demonstration video at fiftythree.com as it shows in detail what Pencil has to offer.
- Decorative Pillow: Every girl is always looking for the perfect accent cushion. Society 6 is an online distributor for unique designed goods and their pillows are fantastic. When I say there is something for everyone, I mean it. Check out their site, society6.com, to see more.
- Statement Jewellery: Whether it’s earrings, a necklace or a ring, all women love a piece of statement jewellery. Before purchasing, be sure about her taste and colour preferences as it varies from girl to girl. For instance, as a cat lover I love BCBG’s Pave Cat-Mask Ring, but it might not be for everyone. If you’re like me and love this ring visit bcbg.com for more information.
- Jawbone Mini Jambox: For those on the go dance parties, a Mini Jambox is what every girl needs for spontaneous fun. Measuring just over 6 inches and offering roughly 10 hours of continuous playback, this pocket sized device can do no wrong. For more information on Jawbone’s Mini Jambox visit jawbone.com
- Nail Polish: Another great gift add-on/stocking stuffer is nail polish. Nail Lacquer and nail art is a huge trend at the moment and any of the Essie colours pictured (Stylenomics, Bordeaux, After School Boy Blazer) won’t disappoint.
- Lip Cosmetics: Lip gloss or lipstick is a great stocking stuffer or gift add-on. However, make sure you either pick something subtle or a colour you know she’ll wear so that she can really enjoy it. Maybelline recently launched an amazing new product, Color Elixir™, that is a lipstick, balm, gloss hybrid and is a definite must try.
- Kate Spade Things We Love Coffee Table Book: The perfect gift for the girl who loves big ideas and photography inspiration. Available at katespade.com or in-store and online at chapters.indigo.ca
- Jewelled Sweater: If you’re close enough to know her size pick her up a jewelled sweater, one of winters hottest clothing trends. The sweater shown is from J.Crew and is available in dusty lavender (pictured) and navy.
- Girly Stationary: Gone are the days of the written note, but I still love sending cute thank you’s and such now and again. Hands down some of my favourite stationary is by Kate Spade and the all occasions card set shown has you covered for birthdays, get well’s and even those just because moments. Available at katespade.com or in-store and online at chapters.indigo.ca
The Little ThingsFebruary 14th, 2014
8 Things Every Happy Woman Should HaveFebruary 12th, 2014
Constant CravingsFebruary 11th, 2014
The Little ThingsFebruary 7th, 2014
The Little ThingsJanuary 31st, 2014