The only thing that gets me through the cold winter months is knowing spring and summer are patiently waiting just around the corner. January and February are by far the coldest months so to help myself look forward to warmer weather I find myself drawn to spring cosmetic collections. Petal pinks and pastels have been popping up in fashion and beauty for a couple of years and I predict these hues (and maybe a few others) will dominate the 2014 season.
It comes as no surprise that Dior is right on trend with their Spring Trianon collection. Focusing on shades of pink and powdery pastels like baby blue and mauve, the colours are in full bloom— vibrant yet soft at the same. I for one am happy to embrace my inner Dior flower-woman, Creative Director Raf Simons vision for Spring, and as you can see am doing just that. I don’t pick favourites but because there is a lot to choose from I’ve narrowed down my top choices below.
- Limited Edition Diorshow Fusion Mono Matte in 121 Céleste: This ultra-matte finish pastel mauve shadow (seen in photo) blends into the skin for seamless application. The colour is perfectly subtle and the innovative gum texture provides two finishes; soft fusion when blended in with fingertips and intense fusion when applied using the included brush applicator for intensified, extreme pigmentation.
- Limited Edition 5 Couleurs Trianon Edition 234 Pastel Fontanges: Featuring sugared-almond pink, baby blue and golden yellow this palette is the girly girls dream. Mix and match to create your perfect colour combination or like me, use to enhance Diorshow Fusion Mono Matte (I lightly blended the smokey grey shade into the crease).
- Limited Edition Rouge Dior Lipstick 531 Rose Crinoline and 774 Allégresse: The ultimate complement to blushing cheeks and pastel eyelids, these lipsticks (pictured) add the perfect pop of colour. To add even more va va voom, layer with Limited Edition Dior Addict Gloss 442 Pétillante or 772 Exquise.
- Limited Edition Dior Vernis 204 Porcelaine and 777 Bloom: Give your nails some sugar with floral hues of cornflower (204 Porcelaine, pictured), soft peach (457 Bouquet, not pictured), and pure fuchsia (777 Bloom, pictured). I can already see these shades will be in heavy rotation well into spring/summer.
- Dior Backstage Eye Prime: An eye primer that unifies and corrects the complexion, for a perfect eye-makeup base preparation. I used this product before applying previously mentioned eye shadows and it blended like butter and helped to keep colour even and intense all day while preventing creasing. Unlike the others, this little gem isn’t available until Jan.17 at Sephora and Jan.30 at all other Dior counters.
If you’re like me and are in need of a winter pick me up, I highly suggest checking out the Dior Trianon collection available TODAY. Head to you local Sephora, Dior counter, dior.com or thebay.com (for my fellow Canadians) to purchase.
Fall PairingsAugust 5th, 2014
Blurred LinesJune 3rd, 2014
Summer of DiorMay 1st, 2014
Face FirstMarch 18th, 2014
Nailed It: Army CandyJanuary 30th, 2014