The only thing more perfect than the perfect fall beauty pairing is the addition of the perfect wine pairing, though I suppose being tipsy may directly influence ones accuracy when applying said makeup. Nonetheless, fall is my favourite season. From boots to wardrobe, to chunky scarves and the perfect bold lip, I’m obsessed. Not to mention I can blow dry and style my hair without worrying about the dreaded humidity wall haunting me outside my front door.
The hues in Dior’s Fall collection are sublime. They’re every girls fall fantasy. What’s more, the eye shadows, lipsticks and polishes are stand alone pieces, but also work together harmoniously. It’s quite brilliant actually. No matter your colour preference, be it soft & subtle, or smoky and bold, Dior has put together fall pairings to ensure your eyes, lips and nails complement one another. Suffice to say that you can still mix and match, but for those that find themselves to be somewhat beauty challenged, these pairings are foolproof. The colours in the eye shadow palette are strategic. In the middle lies the central shade, that sets the tone. Achieve a natural daytime look using the central shade and the upper trio of shadows. On the flip side, create a sophisticated evening look by matching the central shade with the lower trio of shadows. Voilà!
The only question you’ll be asking yourself is which pairing? Perhaps you want seconds? See below for Dior’s suggested pairings.
An electrifying look, in the 1950’s Christian Dior was known to send out scarlet coloured designs on the catwalk to wake up the audience and grab their attention. It was these designs he termed his “Trafalgars.” Wear the central shade alone or with its sparkling gold, chocolate brown, platinum or pale pink counterparts. Lips and nails follow suit in “Massaï.”
- Dior 5 Couleurs Eye Shadow Palette 876 Trafalgar, $61 CAD
- Rouge Dior Limited Edition Fall 2014 869 Rouge Massaï, $37 CAD
- Dior Vernis- Limited Edition Fall 2014 853 Massaï, $26 CAD
This season House of Dior has created a new, terribly desirable grey, that is both elegant and casual. Blend black and white, add a dose of asphalt and highlight with pearly pink while alternating between matte, pearly and iridescent finishes. A hint of icy pink on the lips is then heightened by deepest black on your nails.
- Dior 5 Couleurs Eye Shadow Palette 056 Bar, $61 CAD
- Rouge Dior Limited Edition Fall 2014 317 Bar, $37 CAD
- Dior Vernis- Limited Edition Fall 2014 206 Bar, $26 CAD
Dior has created an autumnal pink. A touch of “Tutu” pink on the lips and the same on nails. A smoky eye in a variety of pink hues achieves an evanescent halo of colour. Pink has never been so bold.
- Dior 5 Couleurs Eye Shadow Palette 846 Tutu, $61 CAD
- Rouge Dior Limited Edition Fall 2014 354 Rose Tutu, $37 CAD
- Dior Vernis- Limited Edition Fall 2014 254 Rose Tutu, $26 CAD
Pied- de-Poule Black
It is chic, modern and powerful. It is the timeless uniform of Parisian women. At the heart of the “Pied-de-Poule” 5 Couleurs palette, a fundamental chromatic framework is drawn in black. A smoky eye, a wine-coloured lip and a grey-beige manicure equal up-front glamour.
- Dior 5 Couleurs Eye Shadow Palette 096 Pied-de-Poule , $61 CAD
- Rouge Dior Limited Edition Fall 2014 977 Pied-de-Poule, $37 CAD
- Dior Vernis- Limited Edition Fall 2014 902 Pied-de-Poule, $26 CAD
A cloud of pastel blue. A line of turquoise. A block of mother-of-pearl and a glint of steel. A deep, midnight blue. The 5 Couleurs palette in “Carré Bleu” defines Dior allure. Both sophisticated and casual, it styles the eye in the colours from the latest Raf Simon’s show. Rouge Dior in “Carré d’Or,” a golden beige, and Dior Vernis in rich and luminous “Carré Bleu” are the showiest accessories.
- Dior 5 Couleurs Eye Shadow Palette 276 Carré Bleu , $61 CAD
- Rouge Dior Limited Edition Fall 2014 135 Carré d’Or, $37 CAD
- Dior Vernis- Limited Edition Fall 2014 796 Carré Bleu, $26 CAD
With fall just around the corner, Dior Fall 2014 collection is available now at your local Dior counter at The Bay, Holt Renfrew and Sephora. Also, stay tuned to my social media in the coming weeks to see the looks I create using my favourite Dior pairings from this collection.
* Please note: 5 Couleur Eye Shadow Palette in “Carré Bleu” and “Bar” are currently unavailable in Canada
Fall PairingsAugust 5th, 2014
Blurred LinesJune 3rd, 2014
Summer of DiorMay 1st, 2014
Face FirstMarch 18th, 2014
Nailed It: Army CandyJanuary 30th, 2014