Black never goes out of style. I don’t care how often someone claims this colour or that colour is the “new black,” nothing can compete with this closet staple. A gothic hue that’s universally flattering, it can be sleek, sexy or badass and I’ve yet to meet a woman who doesn’t own at least one special LBD. I can admit to owning many. I’m not suggesting to dress all in black with matching black lips and nails. You’re not batman. But including black pieces in an outfit is a foolproof way to add instant sophistication to any look.
See below for more information on some of my current favourite items in this colour.
- Christian Louboutin “Belnodo” Bootie: An irresistible black suede bootie with signature red sole. A definite splurge but will remain in your wardrobe for years to come. For more information visit christianlouboutin.com
- Butter London “Union Jack Black” Nail Lacquer: Jet black polish that looks like liquid patent leather. A badass must have. For more information visit butterlondon.ca
- Robert Rodriguez Stretch-Leather Leggings: If you’re obsessed with leggings as much as I am, amp up your look with a leather or imitation leather pair. Budget permitting, these Robert Rodriguez leggings are flawless. Available in-store and online at saks.com
- Kate Spade Cooper Grand Strap Watch: A current obsession is quilting, whether it be the knees of pants, the elbows of a jacket or the strap of this watch. I love it. This watch is available in-store and online at katespade.com
- Vero Moda Poppy Tube Scarf: Stay warm during the winter months with a cozy cable-knit infinity scarf, like the Vero Moda scarf shown above that won’t break the bank. Available in-store and online at thebay.com
- Clare Vivier “Black Basket Weave” Foldover Clutch: You can’t go wrong with a black clutch and this basket weave texture adds that extra oomph. For more information visit clarevivier.com
- MAC Cosmetics Stroke of Midnight Brush Essentials Kit: Featuring must-have essential brushes, like 217SE Blender Brush and 193SE Angled Foundation Brush, achieve flawless skin with stylish black & white brushes with matching case. Available now as part of the holiday collection, for more information head to your local MAC Cosmetics counter or visit maccosmetics.com
- MAC Cosmetics Stroke of Midnight Lip Bag in “Nude”: This holiday limited edition graphic white and black makeup bag feature MAC Cosmetics go to nude hues, the perfect pairing to complement any black ensemble. Available now as part of the holiday collection, for more information head to your local MAC Cosmetics counter or visit maccosmetics.com
Constant CravingsFebruary 11th, 2014
Constant CravingsJanuary 21st, 2014
Constant CravingsNovember 28th, 2013
Constant CravingsNovember 5th, 2013
Constant CravingsOctober 17th, 2013