The cold weather in Canada is really getting to me this winter, with temperatures sometimes dipping into the -30’s with the windchill. I’m really starting to think that bears are on to something with this whole hibernating thing. I’ve been finding myself day dreaming about warmer climates lately, though I currently don’t have any plans for a tropical getaway. A girl can dream can’t she? For those of you that do have a vacation planned or might be considering a tropical escape, check out some of my must have fashion, beauty and travel cravings listed below and safe travels!
- Wide Brim Hat: Stylishly protect the top of your head with a wide brim hat and save yourself the unbearable torture that goes along with a scalp sunburn. For information on the hat pictured click here or visit nordstrom.com
- Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray: Humidity and my hair are not friends, so blow drying or straightening are out of the question. Instead, I pack a curling or wave product to enhance the natural wave in my hair like Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray.
- Sunscreen: I’m stating the obvious but sunscreen is mandatory. Two of my favourites are Clinique Sun Broad Spectrum Sunscreen Body Cream and Clarins Sun Control Stick for often forgotten areas like lips, nose and ears.
- Fashionable Sandals: The only footwear you need for warm weather are flip flops for hitting the pool/beach and a fashionable pair of sandals. The MICHAEL Michael Kors Kennedy Flat fit the bill perfectly and are most definitely on my want list for summer.
- Books: A beach vacation always offers the relaxation I need and allows me to catch up on my reading list, which currently includes Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
- Sunglasses: I’m incredibly sensitive to light so no matter where I go, I always have sunglasses with me and the tropics are no exception. The light pink cat eye Marc by Marc Jacobs pair pictured are not only practical but they’re stylish and feminine to boot. For more information on these sunglasses click here or visit marcjacobs.com to check out other styles.
- Maxi Dress: No matter how much I pack, I always find myself wearing the same few pieces and that always includes a great maxi dress. This versatile piece will take you from day to night and showcase the tan you’ve been working so hard on. For more information on the dress pictured click here or visit topshop.com
- Beach Bag: An absolute must have for carrying daily needs like sunscreen and towels when hitting the pool or beach. Visit piperlime.gap.com for more information on the beach bag featured.
- Stylish Swimsuit: I’d pretty much rather do anything than try on swimsuits. However, there are a lot of incredibly cute and figure flattering styles available like Zinke’s Janie One Piece pictured. For more information on this suit click here or visit shopzinke.com to check out other styles.
- Beach Towel: Most tropical getaways provide free daily towel service, but some rent them for a small fee. Personally, I prefer packing my own towel because all too often I’ve gone to pick up my free towel for the day and they’re all out and thus I’m left towel less. Visit thebay.com for more information on the towel pictured.
- Passport Holder: Keep your passport and travel documents stylishly safe with Kate Spade New York Carlisle Street Passport Holder.
- Beauty Products: When in warmer climates I have zero interest in wearing a lot of makeup. Plus, the sun brings out one’s natural glow so to complement that I turn to Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Shimmer Brick Compact in Bronze and a coral lip gloss like L’Oréal Infallible in Coral Sands.
Constant CravingsFebruary 11th, 2014
Constant CravingsJanuary 21st, 2014
Constant CravingsNovember 28th, 2013
Constant CravingsNovember 5th, 2013
Constant CravingsOctober 17th, 2013